Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tillman's Roadhouse as an INSPIRATION!

This week Tillmans Roadhouse inspired me!
I got to meet the designer and see where he got all of his inspirations and ideas.  It was awesome to hear how he came up with ideas from other designers and also from his personal designing style.  If you have ever been to this restaurant you will know what I mean when I say they broke all the rules of design! Thats the beauty of design, once you know the "Rules" of design you can learn how to break those rules.  In every room you feel a different atmospher.  He kept the Texan feel of a wooden home. I enjoyed seeing how a designer was able to break free from the normal designing.


This is a piece that is outside.  He was inspired by the outdoors and a fireplace that is on the other side.


This is their entrance. It has real antique rifles that the designer had attached to these doors.  Pretty neat that he kept the Texas feel with these rifles.



This is one of my favorite parts of their design.  This is outside! I love seeing the odd piece of furniture that you would normally see inside.  Once again he went for the unique rather than the usual. The chairs are amazing modern looking rocking chairs.  The couch is something you would see in a victorian style room also the mirror goes right along with it. The teal blue was just a color accent the designer chose that I think works great!


This is a chair they custom made.  It works well because of the button studs that are around the chair, it keeps the Texas country style.


Although this is not something I would have come up with, I think it works with the feel the designer wanted to get accross.  He had a bird theme going on which you can kind of see in the paintings hung here.  I feel like im at a nice comfy home when I arrive here.  The tv is a little more modern twist to this wall, so he decided to add a frame to have it blend in a little. I love the way he chose this wall.

This is their bathroom.  Both the mens and womens bathroom is decorated by these custom made ribbons.  I'm not sure how I feel about this room. I think it was a little too much. I see where he was going with the uniqueness but it didnt work in the sense that there is so much going on and in the end the customers end up taking them. This was not my favorite room.



This is the table setting. I like how simple and clean it looks.  Definatly my favorite. I like the place mat, although it is a plastic mat it looks like a fabric and the way the utensils are placed is not a regular placing of them but in the end it works.


The peacock room. This is a great room. He kept the teal color in this room by adding the peacocks on the top branches. This is a great room to have a huge group, it also becomes their private rooms.



This is still the peacock room. The reason I picked this picture is because of the slanted mirror placed on this wall. He didnt want the people to miss out on what was going on in the background, and as we know people enjoy to people watch, so this works. He really though of everything.

This is all I have for this weeks inspiration.  I hope you enjoyed my day at Tillman's Roadhouse. If your eve around the neighborhood make sure to check out this awesome designed restaurant. I didnt even mention their menu! It is amazing! They even thought about making their menu different! BUT for this you will have to check them out for yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment