Saturday, November 20, 2010

Residential Inspiration



Today I want to talk about how you can get inspired through walking through a neighborhood or going to a residents home. In my case I had a field trip to do field measurements at a house.  I was so excited to be inside of an empty home, it let my imagination run in any way I want to.  I was able to see how i would arrange the entire home. 

This would be a chandelier I would place in the formal living room. I would have a wall painted black and have accents of pink with a huge mirror in the background.
This picture has exactly the idea I would have come up with along with accents of pink pillows and a pink vase on the coffee table.

This is only one example of a room I came up with by going to an empty home. Some people may need to look around different model home or look in magazines to get inspired.  I basically saw the space that was there and could imagine what the room would look like with the colors and styles I chose.



No comments:

Post a Comment